- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At the southern point of Tor Bay, Brixham has kept much of its original charm, partly because it still has an active fishing harbor. Much of the catch goes straight to restaurants as far away as London. Sample fish-and-chips on the quayside, where there's a (surprisingly petite) full-scale reproduction of the vessel on which Sir Francis Drake circumnavigated the world. The village is 10 miles southeast of Totnes by A385 and A3022.
- Address: Brixham
- Location: Totnes
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I am planning to backpack some parts of Europe. Read more