- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gurnard's Head Review
This gastro-pub with bright, homey furnishings and a relaxed ambience looks past green fields to the ocean beyond. The frequently changing menu features fresh, inventively prepared meat and seafood dishes; look for braised beef with colcannon, celeriac, and mushroom ravioli, or fish stew with saffron potatoes, spinach, and tarragon. Seven smallish rooms provide guest accommodations. The inn sits near the curvy coast road 6 miles west of St. Ives.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Future Inn Plymouth in May: 3rd Night Free Save with Expedia, $38/night less
- Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre in May: $128 & Up Expedia
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- Stay 3 night and save 10% off your stay!: The Washington in May — $107 Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Save in Bristol: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
I am still working on where I want to base us for our trip to southeast UK next spring.
It looks like we will be mostly in "mid" Kent and Sussex (East and West). The rough plan at this time is to go no Read more