- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Gidleigh Park Review
One of England's foremost country-house hotels, Gidleigh Park occupies an enclave of landscaped gardens and streams. It's reached via a lengthy, winding country lane and private drive at the edge of Dartmoor. The extremely pricey contemporary restaurant, directed by chef Michael Caines, has been showered with culinary awards. You may see why when you dig into the turbot and scallops with leeks, wild mushrooms, and chive butter sauce, one of the choices often on the prix-fixé menus (£42 for two courses at lunch, £110 for three courses at dinner). The locally pumped spring water is like no other. Antiques fill the long, half-timber building, built in 1928 in Tudor style; there are 24 luxurious guest rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I am planning to backpack some parts of Europe. Read more