- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Gidleigh Park Review
One of England's foremost country-house hotels, Gidleigh Park occupies an enclave of landscaped gardens and streams. It's reached via a lengthy, winding country lane and private drive at the edge of Dartmoor. The extremely pricey contemporary restaurant, directed by chef Michael Caines, has been showered with culinary awards. You may see why when you dig into the turbot and scallops with leeks, wild mushrooms, and chive butter sauce, one of the choices often on the prix-fixé menus (£42 for two courses at lunch, £110 for three courses at dinner). The locally pumped spring water is like no other. Antiques fill the long, half-timber building, built in 1928 in Tudor style; there are 24 luxurious guest rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An early morning departure from Terminal 2, four people with luggage and rental car to be returned either that morning or late afternoon before. Read more