- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bell's Diner Review
A local institution, this bistro occupies a former grocery shop and has polished wood floors and pale gray walls lined with shelves. The inventive Mediterranean menu includes locally sourced poultry, rabbit, and seafood, as well as toothsome desserts such as Chartreuse soufflé with tarragon and chocolate. In the Montpelier area, Bell's is rather hard to find. To get here, take A38 north, then turn right on Ashley Road and immediately left at Picton Street, which will lead you to York Road. Alternatively, from Broadmead, board any bus heading up Gloucester Road.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $88+/Nt Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Save in Bristol: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $105+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Plymouth Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Bristol this May Fr $91+/Nt — $91 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
I am still working on where I want to base us for our trip to southeast UK next spring.
It looks like we will be mostly in "mid" Kent and Sussex (East and West). The rough plan at this time is to go no Read more