- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Michael Caines Restaurant
Michael Caines Restaurant Review
Perfectly located within the Cathedral Close, this ultrachic restaurant is in the centuries-old building that is now the ABode Exeter. Master chef Michael Caines oversees the kitchen, which serves eclectic contemporary fare like glazed Creedy Carver duck breast with a honey-rutabaga puree and orange confit, or Brixham sea bass with stir-fried shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts, and lemongrass sauce. Fixed-price lunch and early evening menus are more affordable. Alternatively, a more relaxed (and more affordable) café-bar next door serves meals all day, including good fixed-price lunches, and hosts live jazz on alternate Friday evenings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more