- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Michael Caines Restaurant
Michael Caines Restaurant Review
Perfectly located within the Cathedral Close, this ultrachic restaurant is in the centuries-old building that is now the ABode Exeter. Master chef Michael Caines oversees the kitchen, which serves eclectic contemporary fare like glazed Creedy Carver duck breast with a honey-rutabaga puree and orange confit, or Brixham sea bass with stir-fried shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts, and lemongrass sauce. Fixed-price lunch and early evening menus are more affordable. Alternatively, a more relaxed (and more affordable) café-bar next door serves meals all day, including good fixed-price lunches, and hosts live jazz on alternate Friday evenings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more