- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- antique character
- peaceful rural setting
- shabby in places
- some small rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Castle Inn Review
In the heart of Lydford village, this 16th-century inn sits next to Lydford Castle. Rose trellises frame its pink facade, and the public rooms are snug, lamp-lighted, and full of period clutter. Vivid colors are used in the guest rooms; one room has its own roof garden. A range of snacks and full bar meals is available.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more