- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
One of the city's oldest buildings, the 15th-century Prysten House, is the setting for the highly regarded, inventive cuisine of brothers Chris and James Tanner. The seasonal à la carte and fixed-price menus may include slow-cooked shoulder of lamb, or whole lemon sole with sea greens, mussels, and clams. One of the two lattice-windowed dining rooms has a well inside it, and the other is hung with tapestries. A canopied courtyard is ideal for alfresco dining. The brothers also operate the Barbican Kitchen, a more casual, less pricey offshoot oat the Black Friars Distillery on Southside Street.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Perfect timing for our trip! Read more