- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Underground Passages Review
Exeter's Underground Passages, which once served as conduits for fresh water, are the only medieval vaulted passages open to the public in Britain. They date to the mid-14th century, although some were enlarged by the Victorians. An exhibition and video precede the 25-minute guided tour. Many of the passages are narrow and low: be prepared to stoop. The tours often sell out during school vacations, so come early. Children under five are not permitted.
- Address: 2 Paris St., Exeter, EX1 1GA | Map It
- Phone: 01392/665887
- Cost: £5.50
- Hours: June--Sept. and school vacations, Mon.--Sat. 9:30--5:30, Sun. 10:30--4; Oct.--May, Tues.--Fri. 11:30--5:30, Sat. 9:30--5:30, Sun. 11:30--4; last tours 1 hr before closing.
- Website: www.exeter.gov.uk
- Location: Exeter
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Bristol: Save this May Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- Bristol Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $100+/Nt Expedia
- 4-Star Plymouth Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- Stay 3 nights and save 15% off your stay!: The Bristol in May — $130 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 — $1,524 Expedia
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
I am still working on where I want to base us for our trip to southeast UK next spring.
It looks like we will be mostly in "mid" Kent and Sussex (East and West). The rough plan at this time is to go no Read more