- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rougemont Gardens Review
These gardens behind the Royal Albert Memorial Museum were laid out at the end of the 18th century. The land was once part of the defensive ditch of Rougemont Castle, built in 1068 by decree of William the Conqueror. The gardens contain the original Norman gatehouse and the remains of the Roman city wall, the latter forming part of the ancient castle's outer wall.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Bristol Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Fr $110+/Nt Expedia
- Stay 3 nights and save 10% off your stay!: The Clifton in May Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Plymouth 4-Star Hotel Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1524 Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $101+/Nt — $101 Expedia
- Book in Bristol: Save this May Fr $127+/Nt — $127 Save with Expedia, $35/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 17 year old daughter will be flying alone from the US to Munich via London (Heathrow). Read more