- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Church of St. Mary Redcliffe
Church of St. Mary Redcliffe Review
Built by Bristol merchants who wanted a place in which to pray for the safe (and profitable) voyages of their ships, the rib-vaulted, 14th-century church was called "the fairest in England" by Queen Elizabeth I. High up on the nave wall hang the arms and armor of Sir William Penn, father of the founder of Pennsylvania. The church is a five-minute walk from Temple Meads train station toward the docks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Perfect timing for our trip! Read more