- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- friendly owners and staff
- stylish decor
- excellent cooked breakfast
- rooms are mostly small
- narrow stairways to climb
- very limited parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Everything in St. Ives seems squeezed into the tiniest of spaces, and this cottage B&B in the quiet Downalong quarter is no exception. The light, tastefully converted rooms are pleasingly simple in design and enlivened by modern art; the more expensive have sea views. Most rooms are named after characters in Daphne du Maurier's novels (she once stayed in one of them). Fresh local fish is offered at breakfast, and you can use complimentary tickets to visit the Tate and Hepworth galleries, which are just minutes away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more