- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Elephant Review
Set back from Torquay's harbor, this elegant eatery offers sophisticated but relaxed dining, either in the dining room upstairs with views over Torbay or in the less formal street-level brasserie. In the latter, you can tuck into such dishes as River Exe mussels, beef fillet with watercress salad and a brandy cream sauce, and treacle tart with vanilla ice cream. The upstairs dining room, with its high-back chairs, antique lighting fixtures, and polished floorboards, has more innovative concoctions, available on fixed-price menus, which may include scallops with pickled beets as a starter, and lamb and chicken roulade with smoked garlic, asparagus, and pea mousse for a main course.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Perfect timing for our trip! Read more