- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Old Spot
The Old Spot Review
For relaxed but top-notch dining in the heart of Wells, this sociable bistro with wood paneling and creamy white walls hits all the right notes. The Modern British and Mediterranean dinner menu varies seasonally, but might include a starter of smoked haddock fritters with tartar sauce, followed by a main course of tagine of lamb with hummus, eggplant, and North African spicy sausage. Set-price two-course lunches are £15.50. Arrive early for a table at the back, where there are views of the cathedral's west front.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Perfect timing for our trip! Read more