- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Old Spot
The Old Spot Review
For relaxed but top-notch dining in the heart of Wells, this sociable bistro with wood paneling and creamy white walls hits all the right notes. The Modern British and Mediterranean dinner menu varies seasonally, but might include a starter of smoked haddock fritters with tartar sauce, followed by a main course of tagine of lamb with hummus, eggplant, and North African spicy sausage. Set-price two-course lunches are £15.50. Arrive early for a table at the back, where there are views of the cathedral's west front.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more