- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Fifteen Cornwall Review
Bright and modern, this Italian restaurant has won plaudits both for its fabulous food and for its fine location overlooking magnificent Watergate Bay, a broad beach much beloved of water-sports enthusiasts. It's run by one of Britain's culinary heroes, Cockney chef Jamie Oliver, who trains local young people for careers in catering. To provide the staff with the widest possible repertoire, the £60 sampling menu changes frequently and lists five courses that might include a starter of gnocchi with oxtail and sage, followed by duck with polenta and salsa verde for a main course and affogato al caffè (ice cream soaked in black coffee) to finish. A fixed-price lunch is a cheaper option at £28. Watergate Bay lies 3 miles east of Newquay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more