- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Fifteen Cornwall Review
Bright and modern, this Italian restaurant has won plaudits both for its fabulous food and for its fine location overlooking magnificent Watergate Bay, a broad beach much beloved of water-sports enthusiasts. It's run by one of Britain's culinary heroes, Cockney chef Jamie Oliver, who trains local young people for careers in catering. To provide the staff with the widest possible repertoire, the £60 sampling menu changes frequently and lists five courses that might include a starter of gnocchi with oxtail and sage, followed by duck with polenta and salsa verde for a main course and affogato al caffè (ice cream soaked in black coffee) to finish. A fixed-price lunch is a cheaper option at £28. Watergate Bay lies 3 miles east of Newquay.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more