- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Clifton Suspension Bridge
Clifton Suspension Bridge Review
A monument to Victorian engineering, this 702-foot-long bridge spans the Avon Gorge. Work began on Isambard Kingdom Brunel's design in 1831, but the bridge wasn't completed until 1864. Free hour-long guided tours usually take place at 3 on weekends between April and October, departing from the tollbooth at the Clifton end of the bridge. At the far end of the bridge, the Clifton Suspension Bridge Interpretation Centre has a small exhibition on the bridge and its construction, including a 10-minute video. Near the bridge lies Clifton Village, studded with boutiques, antiques shops, and smart crafts shops in its lanes and squares. Bus number 8 from Bristol Temple Meads Station and the city center stops in Clifton Village.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more