- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- historic character
- central location
- good value
- dowdy in places
- sparse staff
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Union Hotel Review
Strong on historical and nautical details, this central lodging housed the town's assembly rooms, where news of Admiral Nelson's victory at Trafalgar and of the death of Nelson himself were first announced from the minstrels' gallery in 1805. The bar, lounge, and dining rooms retain their Georgian elegance. The guest rooms, in traditional style, could use updating; some have tired-looking carpets and old-fashioned prints. A number have window seats, with views over Mount's Bay. Breakfast is served in the restored assembly rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more