- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- excellent location
- tasty food in bistro
- noisy on market days
- old-fashioned decor
- not suitable for anyone with mobility issues
Check Rates from our Partners
The Crown Review
This hotel has been a landmark in Wells since the Middle Ages, and in 1695 William Penn was arrested here for preaching without a license. A sense of the building's age remains, although most guest rooms (with the exception of four rooms with four-posters) are furnished in simple styles more modern than traditional. The Penn Bar serves sandwiches, salads, and hot dishes. You can try the more comfortable French bistro, Anton's, for choices such as pork tenderloin and steaks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I am planning to backpack some parts of Europe. Read more