- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Braunton Burrows Review
Bird-watching and miles of trails through the dunes are the draws at this sanctuary on the north side of the Taw estuary, the core of the UNESCO-designated North Devon Biosphere Reserve. Empty stretches of sand dunes have vistas of marram grass and the sea, and bird-watching is first-class, especially in winter. The flora is most colorful between May and August. Talks about wildlife and the local habitats are held in the Braunton's Countryside Centre in September and October, usually on Wednesday at 7:45. Tickets cost £3. The reserve is 18 miles southwest of Lynton.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Bristol: Save this May Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Bristol this May Fr $125+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- 4-Star Plymouth Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $2297 Expedia
- May deal: Glendorgal Fr $190+/Nt — $190 Expedia
- Newquay Savings! Book at Victoria - Newquay Fr $150+/Nt — $150 Expedia
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
I see the Queen looked at our travel schedule and decided to hightail it out of town while we are there. Read more