- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Braunton Burrows Review
Bird-watching and miles of trails through the dunes are the draws at this sanctuary on the north side of the Taw estuary, the core of the UNESCO-designated North Devon Biosphere Reserve. Empty stretches of sand dunes have vistas of marram grass and the sea, and bird-watching is first-class, especially in winter. The flora is most colorful between May and August. Talks about wildlife and the local habitats are held in the Braunton's Countryside Centre in September and October, usually on Wednesday at 7:45. Tickets cost £3. The reserve is 18 miles southwest of Lynton.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more