- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Buckland Abbey Review
A 13th-century Cistercian monastery, Buckland Abbey became the home of Sir Francis Drake in 1581. Today it's filled with mementos of Drake and the Spanish Armada and has a restaurant. The house is 6 miles south of Tavistock; to get here, take A386 south to Crapstone and then head west.
- Address: Off A386, Yelverton, PL20 6EY | Map It
- Phone: 01822/853607
- Cost: £8.55; grounds only £4.50
- Hours: House mid Feb.–early Mar. and early Dec.–late Dec., daily noon–4; early Mar.–early Nov., daily 11:30–4:30; early Nov.–early Dec., Fri.–Sun. noon–4. Grounds mid Feb.–early Nov. and early Dec.–late Dec., daily 10:30–5:30; early Nov.–early Dec., Fri.–Sun. 10:30–5:30. Last admission 45 mins before closing.
- Website: www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Location: Tavistock and Environs
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An early morning departure from Terminal 2, four people with luggage and rental car to be returned either that morning or late afternoon before. Read more