Buckland Abbey Review
A 13th-century Cistercian monastery, Buckland Abbey became the home of Sir Francis Drake in 1581. Today it's filled with mementos of Drake and the Spanish Armada and has a restaurant. The house is 6 miles south of Tavistock; to get here, take A386 south to Crapstone and then head west.
- Address: Off A386, Yelverton, PL20 6EY | Map It
- Phone: 01822/853607
- Cost: £9.05; grounds only £5
- Hours: House mid Feb.–early Mar. and early Dec.–late Dec., daily noon–4; early Mar.–early Nov., daily 11–5; early Nov.–late Nov., Fri.–Sun. noon–4. Grounds mid Feb.–early Mar. and early Dec.–late Dec., daily 11:30–4:30; early Mar.–early Nov., daily 10:30–5:30; early Nov.–late Nov., Fri.–Sun. 11:30–4:30.
- Website: www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Location: Tavistock and Environs
View deals in The West Country for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More