- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- full of character
- inspiring views
- solicitous staff
- some rooms slightly cramped
- limited parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Abbey Hotel Review
Co-owned by former 1960s model-icon Jean Shrimpton, this Wedgwood-blue-color hotel off Chapel Street is marvelously homey. Books fill the 17th-century drawing room, and antiques and chintzes decorate many of the rooms, most of which have harbor views. If you need more space, there's also a pair of comfortable apartments. The hotel owns the contrastingly contemporary Slipway, next door, recommended for meat and seafood dishes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An early morning departure from Terminal 2, four people with luggage and rental car to be returned either that morning or late afternoon before. Read more