- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- full of character
- inspiring views
- solicitous staff
- some rooms slightly cramped
- limited parking
Check Rates from our Partners
Abbey Hotel Review
Co-owned by former 1960s model-icon Jean Shrimpton, this Wedgwood-blue-color hotel off Chapel Street is marvelously homey. Books fill the 17th-century drawing room, and antiques and chintzes decorate many of the rooms, most of which have harbor views. If you need more space, there's also a pair of comfortable apartments. The hotel owns the contrastingly contemporary Slipway, next door, recommended for meat and seafood dishes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more