- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- grand medieval surroundings
- sumptuous rooms
- doting service
- many steps to climb
- village is dull
Check Rates from our Partners
Thornbury Castle Review
An impressive lodging, Thornbury has everything a genuine 16th-century Tudor castle needs: huge fireplaces, moody paintings, mullioned windows, and a large garden. There's also plenty of history: Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, and Mary Tudor all spent time here. The standards of comfort are famous, and the pampering touches in the "bedchambers" include complimentary decanters of sherry. Guests come from all over to dine in the restaurant, where you'll find sophisticated fare such as loin of venison, quail, and duck. The hotel is 12 miles north of Bristol.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
An early morning departure from Terminal 2, four people with luggage and rental car to be returned either that morning or late afternoon before. Read more