- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It’s plausible that Sonning's reputation as the prettiest village on the Thames goes back as far as its Saxon bishops. The 18th-century bridge; the Georgian houses; the mill so old that it's mentioned in the 11th-century Domesday Book; and the black, white, and yellow cottages make it a perfect riverside idyll. There's not much to do but relax and take it in.
Elsewhere in The Thames Valley
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's