Sights & Attractions in The Thames Valley
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Passing through Carfax, the center of Oxford and where four roads...
Museum of the History of Science
The Ashmolean, the world's oldest public museum, was originally...
|Museums / Galleries||Oxford|
One of the university's best-known and oldest colleges (dating...
Your imagination can take you back to AD 130 as you walk around...
|Archaeological Sites||St. Albans|
Rousham Park House and Garden
About 15 miles north of Oxford and wonderfully uncommercialized...
|Houses / Mansions, Gardens / Arboretums||Oxford|
From 1906 to his death in 1950, the famed Irish playwright George...
|Houses / Mansions||St. Albans|
University Church of St. Mary the Virgin
Seven hundred years' worth of funeral monuments crowd this galleried...
University of Oxford Botanic Garden
Founded in 1621 as a healing garden, this is the oldest of its...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Oxford|
Adjacent to the Verulamium Museum, this park contains the usual—playground...
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe