- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- quiet location
- free Wi-Fi
- well-appointed bathrooms
- away from the attractions
- not good for families with young kids
Check Rates from our Partners
Tilbury Lodge Review
What this modern house on the city's western outskirts lacks in history it makes up for in hospitality; the homemade tea and scones that greet you on arrival set just the right tone. Bedrooms are spotless and spacious, with plenty of light and no clutter. The ample breakfasts present plenty of choice—French toast and bacon, muffins, fresh fruit, and yogurt, for example. A garden and conservatory are ideal for relaxing after a busy day. Walkers and cyclists are welcomed, and the bus stop to Oxford's center is a five-minute walk away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We will have 10 days to do some touring from the beginning of May.
We will depart from London and had been thinking to head north. Visiting York and heading to the Lakes District. Is this a good choice? Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more