- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eights Week. At the end of May, during Oxford's Eights Week, men and women from the university's colleges compete to be "Head of the River." Because the river is too narrow for the eight-member teams to race side by side, the boats set off one behind another. Each boat tries to catch and bump the one in front. Oxford.
Oxford University Cricket Club. The highly regarded Oxford University Cricket Club competes against leading county teams in late spring and summer, as well as major foreign teams visiting Britain each summer. In the middle of the sprawling University Parks—itself worthy of a walk—the club's playing field is truly lovely. Oxford. www.cricketintheparks.org.uk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's