The Thames Valley Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Blenheim Palace: The only British historic home to be named a World Heritage Site has magnificent baroque architecture, stunning parkland, and remembrances of Winston Churchill.
Boating on the Thames: Life is slower on the river, and renting a boat or taking a cruise is an ideal way to see verdant riverside pastures and villages. Windsor, Marlow, Henley, and Oxford are good options.
Mapledurham House: This is the house that inspired Toad Hall fromThe Wind in the Willows;you can picnic here on the grounds and drink in the views. The Wind in the Willows; you can picnic here on the grounds and drink in the views.
Oxford: While scholars' noses are buried in their books, you get to sightsee among Oxford University's ancient stone buildings and memorable museums.
Windsor Castle: The mystique of eight successive royal houses of the British monarchy permeates Windsor and its famous castle, where a fraction of the current Queen's vast wealth is displayed.Updated: 10-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's