- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Canterbury Cathedral Lodge
At a Glance
- outstanding location
- incredible views
- free access to the cathedral
- no restaurant
- few services
Check Rates from our Partners
Canterbury Cathedral Lodge Review
Small and modern, this hotel tucked away within the grounds of the cathedral has quiet, soothingly decorated rooms with creamy white walls and exposed oak trim. All guests have free access to the cathedral and receive a precious extra: they get to stay inside the cathedral grounds when the gates close at night. There is no more peaceful place to stay in Canterbury. The hotel acts as a conference center for events at the cathedral, and during those events it will be fully booked. There's limited free parking; ask when you book.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more