- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Like Rye, Winchelsea perches prettily atop its own small hill amid rolling farmland. Look for the splendid (though damaged) church built in the 14th century with stone from Normandy. Winchelsea was built on a grid system devised in 1283. This was once a walled town, and some original town gates still stand. Beneath the narrow streets are at least 56 medieval cellars; a few are accessible by guided tour (£5) on various dates from April to October. The tour, which is run by somewhat overenthusiastic volunteers, is interesting but long. See the town website or call 01797 224446 for recorded information. The town is 2 miles southwest of Rye.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
My friend and I are taking a cruise that ends in Marseille, France. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more