- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- sleep in a real castle
- lovely gardens and grounds
- you have to dress for dinner
Check Rates from our Partners
Amberley Castle Review
The lowering of the portcullis every night at midnight is a sure sign that you're in a genuine medieval castle. Across the moat, present-day luxury dominates. Antiques and rich draperies furnish the individually designed bedrooms, and many have lattice windows, beamed ceilings, and curtained four-posters. You can dine (£55 for two courses) in the Queens restaurant, beneath a 12th-century barrel-vaulted ceiling, or amid suits of armor in the Great Room. The hotel is 5 miles north of Arundel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more