- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Sundial Review
This 17th-century brick farmhouse with views of the South Downs is home to a popular Modern French restaurant. Wood-beamed rooms and white tablecloths provide a backdrop for the imaginative menu, which may include rack of lamb with rosemary cream sauce, or steak fillet with shallot tatin and Madeira sauce. Dessert may be pineapple carpaccio marinated in Malibu and star anise, or perhaps marscapone mousse with plum compote. The Sundial is near the castle in Herstmonceux, 8 miles southwest of Battle.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more