The Sundial Review
This 17th-century brick farmhouse with views of the South Downs is home to a popular Modern French restaurant. Wood-beamed rooms and white tablecloths provide a backdrop for the imaginative set menus, which may include rack of lamb with rosemary cream sauce, or roulade of sole with cockles and mussels in Vermouth sauce. Dessert may be pineapple carpaccio marinated in Malibu and star anise, or perhaps marscapone mousse with plum compote. The Sundial is near the castle in Herstmonceux, 8 miles southwest of Battle.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's