- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Old Great Halfpenny
At a Glance
- beautiful gardens
- lovely old building
- peace and quiet
- a 15-minute drive out of town
Old Great Halfpenny Review
Surrounded by well-maintained grounds, this 16th-century half-timbered house looks like something out of a picture book. The owners are decorators and gardeners, so the place is impeccably done from top to bottom. Rooms have comfortable antique beds, and you can have breakfast on the patio in the summertime.
- Address: Halfpenny La., St. Martha, GU3 3HJ
- Phone: 01483/567835
- Location: Guildford
- 2 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My boyfriend (D) and I went on a semi-vacation for a few weeks in the Fall of 2013. Read more
PROLOGUE – Shut Out and Scrambling For Lodging
The still-to-this-day-maddening email arrived about 48 hours before Kim, Mary, Tracy and I were to take-off from LAX to London: “London Property Read more
Hi all, my husband and I (both age 30) plan to take a Europe trip next summer. Read more
· News & Features
Come January, American Airlines will introduce brand-new premium Airbus A321 planes on its transcontinental ... Read more
Tucked into the tony Gold Coast neighborhood, the 247-room Thompson Chicago opened its doors in early... Read more
Travel somewhere new each year, and you just might find yourself along the way.... Read more