- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- quiet and restful setting
- owner is a chef so breakfasts are great
- nice garden
- some rooms are small
- car needed to get around
Check Rates from our Partners
Bishopsdale Oast Review
This converted 18th-century double-kiln oasthouse (used for drying hops) makes an atmospheric place to stay in tiny Biddenden, near Sissinghurst. The sprawling redbrick house has been elegantly renovated, with cream-color walls, dark furniture, and framed pictures of flowers on the walls. On cold days a fire burns in the spacious lounge, and on warm, sunny mornings you can breakfast outside on the terrace. Bedrooms vary in size: the more expensive rooms are quite spacious, but cheaper rooms are more of a squeeze. All are nicely decorated, and many have sweeping views of a nearby deer park. No kids under 14 are allowed.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more