- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Polesden Lacey Review
This gorgeous, creamy-yellow Regency mansion, built in 1824, contains impressive collections of furniture, paintings, porcelain, and silver gathered in the early part of the 20th century. Edwardian society hostess Mrs. Ronald Greville was responsible for the lavish interiors; the future King George VI stayed here for part of his honeymoon in 1923. On summer days you can wander its vast landscaped gardens or rent croquet equipment from the house and take advantage of its smooth lawns. The house is in Great Bookham, 8 miles from Guildford.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more