- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Mermaid Street Review
One of the town's original cobbled streets (and perhaps its most quintissential view) heads steeply from the top of the hill to the former harbor. Its name supposedly came from the night a drunken sailor swore he heard a mermaid call him down to the sea. The houses here date from between the Medieval and Georgian periods; a much-photographed pair have the delightfully fanciful names "The House With Two Front Doors" and "The House Opposite." Be careful on your feet—the cobbles are very uneven.
- Address: Rye, TN31 7EU
- Location: Rye
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more