- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Glyndebourne Opera House
Glyndebourne Opera House Review
Nestled beneath the Downs, this world-famous opera house combines first-class productions, a state-of-the-art auditorium, and a beautiful setting. Seats are very expensive (the cheapest are around £50) and you have to book months in advance, but it's worth every penny to aficionados, who traditionally wear evening dress and bring a hamper to picnic in the gardens. The main season runs from mid-May to the end of August. If you can't afford a seat, standing room costs about £10. The Glyndebourne Touring Company performs here in October, when seats are cheaper.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Has anyone taken photos of the Seven Sisters? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more