- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Glyndebourne Opera House
Glyndebourne Opera House Review
Nestled beneath the Downs, this world-famous opera house combines first-class productions, a state-of-the-art auditorium, and a beautiful setting. Seats are very expensive (the cheapest are around £50) and you have to book months in advance, but it's worth every penny to aficionados, who traditionally wear evening dress and bring a hamper to picnic in the gardens. The main season runs from mid-May to the end of August. If you can't afford a seat, standing room costs about £10. The Glyndebourne Touring Company performs here in October, when seats are cheaper.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
My mother and I are planning a 5-9 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more