- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
This 60-room Palladian mansion located on 6,000 acres near the town of Romsey was the home of 19th-century British Prime Minister Lord Palmerston and later of Earl Mountbatten of Burma (1900–79), uncle of Prince Philip and mentor to Prince Charles, who, as the last Viceory of India, was in charge of that country's transition to independence before being killed by the IRA. One of the the grandest houses in Hampshire, Broadlands dates back to the 18th century and holds a large collection of antiques, Greek and Roman marbles, and Old Master paintings, including three Van Dycks. Landscape designer Capability Brown laid out the grounds, which include wide lawns sweeping down to the banks of the River Test.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Can both be done on the same day without rushing? Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more