- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Bournemouth Beach Review
With miles of beaches tucked beneath its cliffs, Bournemouth is said to enjoy some of the country's warmest sea temperatures. Taking the zigzag paths through the leafy public gardens, you can descend to the seafront, where Bournemouth Pier juts into the channel from the pristine sandy beach. If you're not tempted to swim, you can stroll the nearby promenade. Europe's first artificial surf reef was constructed here to attract surf fans as well as create an area of calm water that's perfect for children—surfers, however, have reported that the reef is more suitable for bodyboarding than standing up. Windsurfing, sailing, and other water sports are also big here.
- Address: Bournemouth
- Location: Bournemouth
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Can both be done on the same day without rushing? Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more