- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Hix Oyster & Fish House
Hix Oyster & Fish House Review
This coastal outpost of one of London's trendiest restaurants combines stunning views from a height overlooking the Cobb with the celebrity chef's trademark high standards and originality. Simply cooked and beautifully presented seafood rules here, including Portland whole sea bass with creamed wild garlic. As the name suggests, the variety of local oysters is a particular specialty. Non-fish-eaters have limited choices, but the dessert menu is extensive, including cider-brandy chocolate truffles, and buttermilk pudding. A selection of three appetizers (like sardines cured in local cider) is good value at £12. Book well ahead to sit by the floor-to-ceiling windows or on the small terrace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more