- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
A strong maritime flavor defines this outstanding restaurant in the heart of a harbor village just outside Ryde. Choose between the two main dining areas, one a smaller Victorian room, the other bright and modern with tables spilling out into a conservatory. The kitchen specializes in seafood and fresh island produce, much of it from the Seaview's own farm. You might start with the smoked salmon cannelloni with smoked mackerel mousse, then move on to panfried skate in a saffron and mussel sauce. A three-course fixed-price menu at £25 is a good deal. Simple fish dishes can be ordered in the two congenial bars, one modern, one traditional. Luxurious fabrics characterize the chic guest rooms in the adjoining hotel.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Has anyone taken photos of the Seven Sisters? Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more