- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
High Street Gate
High Street Gate Review
One of four castellated gateways originally built in the early 14th century from stones taken from the former city at Old Sarum, this is the north passage through the wall that surrounds the Cathedral Close. A statue of a knight wearing armor of the period stands over the arch on the cathedral side, while on the other side of the gate is the modern city center.
- Address: Salisbury
- Location: Salisbury
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hi Fodorites! Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more