- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Pond Café
The Pond Café Review
Overlooking a secluded, elongated pond in the hamlet of Bonchurch, a mile north of Ventnor, this quiet, understated restaurant is a good place to gently unwind. The simply furnished interior is compact and contemporary in style, and there are a few outdoor tables for eating alfresco when the weather permits. Come for a tea or coffee, or tuck into lunch or dinner. The lunch menu includes such dishes as local mushroom ravioli, roast venison with gnocchi and black cabbage, and sea bass with salsify and champagne sauce. There are fresh-baked breads and homemade ice creams, among other toothsome desserts, and a wide selection of cheeses.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more