- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum
Salisbury and South Wiltshire Museum Review
Opposite the cathedral's west front, this excellent museum is in the King's House, parts of which date back to the 15th century (James I stayed here in 1610 and 1613). Models and exhibits in the Stonehenge Gallery provide helpful background information for a visit to the famous stones. Also on view are skeletons, collections of costumes, lace, embroidery, Wedgwood pottery, and a collection of Turner watercolors, all dwarfed by the medieval pageant figure of St. Christopher, a 14-foot-tall giant, and his companion hobbyhorse, Hob Nob. A cozy café (closed Sunday) is in one of the oldest sections of the building.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more