City Mill Review
Set over the River Itchen, this working 18th-century water mill, complete with small island garden, is at the east end of High Street. The medieval mill on the site was rebuilt in 1743, remaining in use until the early 20th century. Restored by the National Trust, it still operates as a working mill on weekends, and you can purchase flour produced here in the gift shop.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's