- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- peaceful setting
- hospitable owners
- a bit remote
- nothing to do in evening
Check Rates from our Partners
The Alders Review
In a secluded stone house, this homey B&B with a walled garden opposite a 13th-century church is in a quiet, unspoiled village 3 miles north of Sherborne. The guests' lounge has an inglenook fireplace, the comfortable bedrooms are cheerfully decorated, and watercolors and sleek pottery created by the owner are on display throughout. A traditional breakfast, which features homemade jam, is served at a farmhouse table in the wood-paneled dining room. Nearby pubs provide evening meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Can both be done on the same day without rushing? Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more