- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Wimborne Minster Review
The crenellated and pinnacled twin towers of Wimborne Minster present an attractive patchwork of gray stone. The church's Norman nave has zigzag molding interspersed with carved heads, and the Gothic chancel has tall lancet windows. See the chained library, a survivor from the days when books were valuable enough to keep locked up. Look out for the 14th-century astronomical clock on the inside wall of the west tower.
- Address: High St., Wimborne Minster, BH21 1HT
- Phone: 01202/884753
- Cost: £2 for guided tour of church and library
- Hours: Church Mar.–Dec., Mon.–Sat. 9:30–5:30, Sun. 2:30–5:30; Jan. and Feb., Mon.–Sat. 9:30–4, Sun. 2:30–5:30. Chained library Easter–Oct., weekdays 10:30–12:30 and 2–4, Sat. 10–12:30; Nov.–Easter, Sat. 10–12:30
- Website: www.wimborneminster.org.uk
- Location: Wimborne Minster
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Can both be done on the same day without rushing? Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more