- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak Review
Sample a half pint of draft bitter or dry cider at this pub, which claims to have been in operation since 1428. Notable mostly for its secluded cellar with the remains of a Saxon wall, the upper floor resembles any contemporary pub, complete with arcade games. Traditional pub grub like steak and ale pie is served until 9 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more