City Museum Review
This museum tells Winchester's past through displays of Celtic pottery, Saxon jewelry and coins, and reconstructed Victorian shops. It's an imaginative, well-presented collection that will appeal to children and adults alike—check out the history detective quiz and costumes of every period starting with the Romans for kids to try on, local ceramics, and domestic and agricultural bits and pieces from the Middle Ages, and, on the top floor, some well-restored Roman mosaics. Pick up an audio guide at the entrance (£2) to get the most out of the museum.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's