- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Haunch of Venison
Haunch of Venison Review
This wood-paneled pub opposite the Poultry Cross has been going strong for more than six centuries. It brims with character, thanks to details such as the mummified hand of an 18th-century card player still clutching his cards and the last pewter-top bar in England. You can fortify yourself with one of the 80 or so malt whiskies or repair to the upstairs restaurant for dishes such as panfried sea bass or venison and bacon casserole. The pub can be crowded and the service (to nonlocals) brusque.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more