- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Fox Inn
The Fox Inn Review
A traditional pub that claims to have been in business since the 16th century, the Fox has a fine view of Corfe Castle from its beer garden. There's an ancient well in the lounge bar and more timeworn stonework in an alcove, as well as a 13th-century fireplace. The bar menu includes soups and sandwiches, as well as steaks and fish dishes, though quality is variable. Even though it can sometimes have a locals-only vibe, this place is popular, with congestion and resulting slow service in summer.
- Address: West St., Corfe Castle, BH20 5HD
- Phone: 01929/480449
- Location: Corfe Castle
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more