- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Fox Inn
The Fox Inn Review
A traditional pub that claims to have been in business since the 16th century, the Fox has a fine view of Corfe Castle from its beer garden. There's an ancient well in the lounge bar and more timeworn stonework in an alcove, as well as a 13th-century fireplace. The bar menu includes soups and sandwiches, as well as steaks and fish dishes, though quality is variable. Even though it can sometimes have a locals-only vibe, this place is popular, with congestion and resulting slow service in summer.
- Address: West St., Corfe Castle, BH20 5HD
- Phone: 01929/480449
- Location: Corfe Castle
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Can both be done on the same day without rushing? Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle,... Read more