- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
National Express and Megabus (book online to avoid premium telephone charges) travel to Durham and Newcastle and leave from London's Victoria Coach Station, but the journey takes between six and eight hours, more than twice the time it takes by train. (Though it can be considerably cheaper, especially if you book months in advance.) Connecting services to other parts of the region leave from those cities. Traveline has information. The Explorer Northeast Pass (£9) allows unlimited one-day travel on most local bus and Metro train services in the region and is available from the bus driver or local bus or Metro stations.
Explorer Northeast Pass (www.explorernortheast.co.uk.)
Megabus (0900/160–0900. www.megabus.com/uk.)
National Express (0871/781–8178. www.nationalexpress.com.)
Traveline (0871/200–2233. www.traveline.org.uk.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's